Part and parcel of taking care of your air purifier, cleaning it regularly and replacing the filter are significant factors in increasing its lifespan. To get the most bang for your buck, you need to learn how to clean Blueair air purifiers properly; read on to discover our tips and tricks.
What You’ll Need?
To make cleaning smooth and easy, you will need to gather your tools in advance. Some tools you will need include:
- The air purifier with installed filters
- Product manual
- Clean dust cloths
- Washing machine and detergent (depending on the filter)
- Cotton buds/cleaning toothbrush
With these, you can easily clean the filters and sensor as well as the outside for efficient cleaning.
How To Clean Blueair Air Purifier Filter (Step By Step Guide)
How To Clean Blueair Purifier Pre-filters:
- Turn off and unplug the air purifier.
- Remove the pre-filter according to manual instructions.
- Vacuum the filter, using the buds or toothbrush to get into crannies.
- If possible, vacuum or wipe the inside where the pre-filter sits to remove excess dust.
- If applicable, wash the pre-filter on a gentle, low wash setting with detergent according to the label or product instructions.
- Let the filter air dry completely while outside of the air purifier.
- Reinstall according to manual instructions.
- Plug in your air filter and turn it on. Depending on the model, you may need to reset the Blueair filter light. Typically, this is done by holding the button down for 10 seconds.
How To Clean Blueair Purifier Filter:
- Turn off and unplug your air purifier.
- Remove the filter according to manual instructions.
- Vacuum the filter, getting into nooks and crannies with cotton buds and a cleaning toothbrush.
- If possible, clean the inside of the air purifier with a vacuum or dust cloth.
- Replace the filter according to manual instructions.
- Wipe the top of the air purifier with a lightly damp clean dust cloth.
- Expose and gently wipe the filter with a clean cloth.
Safety Tips To Consider:
- Do not wash the main filters unless the product manuals state that you can.
- Always turn off and unplug your machine before performing maintenance on it.
- Beware of putting foreign objects inside the air purifier.
- Do not use any harmful, corrosive, or strong chemicals when cleaning your air purifier.
- Always make sure that the pre-filter and air purifier itself are completely dry before reassembling and turning it back on.
How To Tell If a Blueair Air Purifier Filter Is Dirty?
Most Blueair purifiers say when to change filters using a little red light; when the sensor knows the filter has reached the limit of its use, it turns red. However, if the light is hard to see or not working, how can you tell? Some more subtle indicators include:
- The air in your home is unimproved even if the air purifier is on for long periods.
- The air purifier gets hot after some time.
- It has been a long time since the filter was cleaned or changed.
- The air purifier makes odd noises while in use.
If you are ever unsure, just open the air purifier according to manual instructions and inspect the filter yourself. If it is replaceable, replace it immediately. If it is washable, follow our tips above alongside manual instructions to clean it.
How Often Should You Clean Blueair Air Purifier Filter?
People often wonder with Blueair purifiers how often to change filters. While the brand suggests that most replaceable filters be changed every six months, this is an estimate. In truth, how often you need to change your filter comes down to a variety of factors, including the air quality in your area, how often you use your air purifier, how well you take care of it, and more.
Keep an eye on your sensor for a reliable indicator. In the meantime, wipe the top of the Blueair air purifier with a clean cloth and vacuum the pre-filter periodically. Once you switch Bluefilters, put a reminder in your calendar so you never miss a change date.
People Also Ask (FAQ)
How many filters do the Blueair air purifiers use?
Typically, Blueair air purifiers have the main filter, with most also having a pre-filter to help control the air quality in your home. If you are unsure, consult your product manual or Blueair’s website for more information.
How do I reset the Blueair filter alert?
Depending on your model, try holding the touch button or sensor reset button for 5-7 seconds. For exact location and hold time, consult your product manual or the brand website.
Can you leave the Blueair purifier on all the time?
It is possible to leave Blueair purifiers on all day, but we do not recommend it. It can be expensive to run air purifiers for such a prolonged time, and excessive use could overwear the internal parts, shortening your air purifier’s overall life span.
It is easy and quick to clean your Blueair air purifier filter and per-filter. With regular calendar reminders and a periodical wipe and vacuum of the outside, you can have clean air in your home or office for years to come.
Last Updated on January 9, 2023
- Levoit 131 Air Purifier Won’t Turn On (Troubleshooting) - January 29, 2023
- How To Troubleshoot A Winix Air Purifier (Solved!) - January 29, 2023
- How To Make A DIY Air Purifier (5 Easy Steps!) - January 29, 2023