Part of taking care of your home involves regularly maintaining your appliances. Your air purifier is another item in your home that needs regular care to function correctly, but it can be hard to know how to clean it efficiently. Need to know how to clean a Clarifion air purifier? We have everything you need to know in this guide.
What You’ll Need?
The items that you will need to clean your Clarifion air purifier include:
- Your air purifier/s
- Soft cleaning brush
- Clean dust cloths
- Cotton swabs
- Protective gloves, clothing, and face wear
- An old towel or drop cloth
- New air purifier filter (for DSTx models only)
Gathering each of these items in advance can help speed up the air purifier cleaning process.
How To Clean Clarifion Air Purifier Filter (Step By Step Guide)
Here is our step by step guide on how to clean Clarifion mini air purifiers:
- Turn off and unplug your Clarifion air purifier.
- Lay down your old towel and put on your protective gear. Make sure to ventilate the room before you start.
- If you own an Air Ioniser or ODRx model, move on to step 5.
- If you own a DSTx model, remove the filter according to manual instruction. Vacuum and brush each side until it is clean. Try to clean the area the filter sits in with your cloth, brush, and cotton buds before replacing the filter.
- Wipe down the outside with a clean, dry cloth.
- Plug in and turn on your air purifier.
Some safety tips to bear in mind while cleaning:
- Always turn off and unplug your air purifier before doing maintenance. Failure to do so could result in damage or injury.
- Never use harmful chemicals in your cleaning, or it could damage the air purifier.
- Do not wash your filters.
- Do not allow liquid into your air purifier. If liquid does get on or inside of it, turn it off and let it dry completely before plugging in and restarting.
- Leaving your air purifier on all of the time could result in the purifier overheating, becoming damaged, or having a shorter overall lifespan.
- This air purifier is not the best for large spaces.
Bearing the above in mind while cleaning will ensure that you have a safe and time-efficient maintenance session. We recommend putting a recurring reminder in your calendar to clean your model to ensure that you do not forget.
How To Tell That The Clarifion Air Purifier Filter Is Dirty?
There are a few ways to tell if your Carlifion air purifier filter needs to be changed. Most models have a light indicator that lets you know, but sometimes this may not be enough or become damaged. Some other indicators include:
- It has been more than a month since the last cleaning session
- The air is not as clean or ionized as usual
- The mini air purifier is making odd noises while running
- The mini air purifier is running hot while in use
- Your Clarifion subscription box of new filters has arrived
The fastest way to know if the filter needs changing is to remove it and check it yourself. We recommend following the manual instructions when it comes to removing and replacing the filter. Putting a recurring reminder in your calendar can also help if you tend to forget to clean it.
How Often Should You Clean The Clarifion Air Purifier?
For the air purifiers without an air purifying filter, it is recommended that you wipe down the outside at least once a month, but ideally each week in your regular house cleaning session. For the DSTx model, it is recommended that you change the filter each 3-6 months depending on various factors, including if you have pets and the air quality in your area. This filter lifespan is not as long as others on the market as Clarifion’s models are more compact.
Clarifion’s air purifiers are meant to last between 2.5 and 3 years depending on the amount of use they get and other factors; this is similar to other models on the market. With regular cleaning and maintenance, this lifespan could be increased.
Frequently Asked Clarifion Air Purifier Questions
Can you replace the Clarifion air purifier filter yourself?
If you own a DSTx model, then yes. By following the manual instructions, you can easily replace the filter and make use of the subscription system. As we mentioned above, we recommend putting a reminder in your calendar to avoid forgetting.
How much is the Clarifion replacement filter?
The replacement filter can cost between $37 for a pack of three and $99 for a pack of 9. However, you can save 10% with a subscription, and it is possible to wait for regular seasonal sales.
Do Clarifion filters last longer than other brands?
Clarifion filters have an average lifespan of 3-6 months, depending on various factors due to their compact size. Most standard-size air purifier filters last between 6-8 months on average, depending on multiple factors, including air quality in your area and how often the air purifier system is used.
Knowing how to clean Clarifion ionic air purifiers is the first step in taking care of them better. By following manual instructions and our tips above, you can save time and money while making sure that your home’s air quality is excellent for years to come.
Last Updated on January 9, 2023
- Levoit 131 Air Purifier Won’t Turn On (Troubleshooting) - January 29, 2023
- How To Troubleshoot A Winix Air Purifier (Solved!) - January 29, 2023
- How To Make A DIY Air Purifier (5 Easy Steps!) - January 29, 2023