A properly working air conditioner is necessary for maintaining a comfortable and functional home. Without a working AC unit, temperatures can fluctuate wildly during the different seasons of the year.
One of the most popular portable AC brands is the Delonghi Portable air conditioners. So we are going to troubleshoot some common issues with the Delonghi Portable air conditioner.
Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner Error Codes
The Delonghi air conditioner series have several error codes that designate specific problems. Here are some of the most common ones.
- LE – Low Temperature. Low temperature means that the condenser coil is covered in too much frost. When the machine defrosts, it should kick on automatically again.
- HL – High Level. This code means that the internal safety tray is full. You need to take it out and empty the tray to get rid of the code.
- CF – Replace Filter. The filter keeps pollutants and traps dust as it cycles air through the room. This code means the filter is obstructed and needs to be either cleaned or replaced.
- PF – Probe Failure. This code means that the air sensor probe is broken or malfunctioning. If you see this code, then contact your authorized dealer for service.
- F1 – Failure. This code indicates a failure in one or several mechanical components. The most common cause of this code is a damaged filter or room temperature is too low.
- H1 – High Temperature. This code means that the temperature of the surrounding room is very high.
- E1 – Probe Failure. This code indicates a failure in the onboard sensor that detects room temperature. If you see this code, then you need your machine serviced.
6 Common Delonghi Portable AC Problems & How to Fix Them
Here are some of the most common problems associated with the Delonghi portable AC.
- .Loud noise.
If your Delonghi AC unit is making a sustained beeping noise, then it could mean that the interior drip tray is full or blocked in some way. You need to take the side panel off the unit, remove the tray, and put it back in. If your machine is making a loud grinding or rattling noise, it could signal a broken fan or broken compressor.
- .Shutting off.
If the machine keeps automatically turning off, then it could signal a problem with the compressor capacitor wires being loose. This drops the voltage, so the machine keeps shutting off automatically. It could also be a problem with the switch control, which you can fix by removing the front panel.
- .Warning lights.
The most common cause of flashing warning lights is that the air filter is obstructed or dirty and needs to be cleaned or replaced. It could also mean that water is leaking in the unit. If water is in the unit, you need to open it and drain it.
- .Leaking water.
If your AC is leaking water, this could be caused by the internal condensation tray getting tipped over and leaking inside the machine. You can fix it by taking the side panel off the machine and putting the tray back in the right place. You may also need to drain any overflowing water.
- .Is not cooling the room.
The air conditioner unit may not be cooling if the filter unit is clogged and decreasing the circulation of air. It could also mean that the temperature sensor is broken and not responding to the room temperature. If the sensor is broken, then you may need to service the machine.
- .Produce foul smell.
The most common cause of a foul smell from your Delonghi unit could be because mold and mildew have started growing inside the machine. You will need to clean the drain with a combo of water and a tiny bit of bleach. You may also need to inspect and clean the coils.
How to Drain Your Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner?
You may need to periodically drain your AC unit. You can remove the tank from the back of the unit by removing the back panel and slowly pulling it out to the drain tray. The unit must be turned off or in fan mode before you can remove the drain tray without creating a buzzing noise.
Pour the water out of the condensation tray, then return the tray back to the unit and turn your AC unit back on.
Resetting Delonghi Portable AC Units
The Delonghi can be hard reset if it is having trouble functioning. Simply unplug the unit from the power outlet and let it sit for about 5 minutes. This will give enough time for the control board to completely reset. Then, plug the unit back in and turn it on. Check the thermostatic conditions and see if it cools.
People Also Ask (FAQ)
Do all Delonghi portable ACs require installation?
No, not all Delonghi portable AC units need installation. They are portable and can be moved around, used inside or outside.
During the air conditioning function, does dehumidification take place too?
Yes, the Delonghi line of portable air conditioners does have a dehumidification function while it is cooling the air. Dehumidification helps keep temperatures low.
How does the dehumidifying function work?
The dehumidifying function works by condensing water in the surrounding air by passing it by cold condenser coils. This condensation collects in the built-in drain tray.
Is it possible to add extensions to the tube?
Yes, Delonghi offers hose extension tubes for their portable AC units. You can get an extension hose if you need a longer exhaust hose for the unit.
- Do Air Purifiers Help With Smoke (Clear Second Hand Smoke) - May 11, 2021
- Do Air Purifiers Help With Smells (Remove Bad Home Odors) - May 11, 2021
- Do Air Purifiers Help With Mold (Clean Home Air Guide) - May 11, 2021